GiardiaCauses and Behavior:
1. This is a protozoan that affects the intestines.
2. This is the most common parasite that affects humans
3. Infection may be sudden, temporary, intermittent, or chronic in nature
4. Approximately 50% of young puppies will become infected with this parasite
5. Most commonly spread through contaminated water, but may also spread through infected feces, directly or indirectly.Symptoms:
1. Will cause diarrhea that is soft, frothy, greasy, and with a strong, awful odor or excessive mucous.
ParvovirusCauses and Behavior:
1. Direct contact with an infected dog or sniffing an infected dog’s stool.
2. People can carry the virus in on their shoes.
3. The virus tends to attack the lining of the intestinesSymptoms:
1. Severe, bloody diarrhea
2. Lethargy, anorexia, fever, vomiting, severe weight loss.
3. Gums, lips and tissue around the eyes may appear bright red due to fever.
4. Dogs could also be hypothermic and have a very low body temperature.
5. Stomach may be painful.
Demodectic MangeCauses and Behavior:
1. This is an inflammatory disease that is more genetic in nature.
2. Dogs with immune system issues may be predisposed to this.
3. This is transmitted from mother to puppies, but is not contagious to other animals.Symptoms:
1. Hair loss is usually seen on the face, trunk, or legs, but may be generalized to the whole body.
2. Patches might be red or appear scaly
3. Dog may become very itchy, or may not itch at all
Click on the PDF icon to download a PDF copy of this document.
Receive special offers and discount coupons, directly to your email box, type in the security code and submit your email address. Rest assured that Petware House will not share your email address with parties outside our company.